Hi Kyle,

The first thing to plan for is that the Solaris CIFS services are not
available in the Solaris 10 release.

You can use the property descriptions in this table to review the CIFS
related features. Using your browser's find in page feature and
searching on CIFS is probably the easiest way to review this information.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2271/6mhupg6lt?a=view#gcfgr

Table 6–1 ZFS Native Property Descriptions

If you want to find more about using ZFS with the CIFS services,
then I would suggest the Solaris CIFS Administration Guide, here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-2429

The OSOL CIFS community also has discussion lists for questions.

Cindy

Kyle McDonald wrote:
Hi all,

I'm setting up a new fileserver, and while I'm not planning on enabling CIFS right away, I know I will in the future.

I know there are several ZFS properties or attributes that affect how CIFS behaves. I seem to recall that at least one of those needs to be set early (like when the filesystem [or pool?] is created?

Which properties might those be?

Where can I find more info the CIFS/ZFS interaction?

  -Kyle