Hi,

Does anyone know of a reliable 2 or 4 port SATA card with a solid driver, that
plugs into a PCIe slot, so that I can benefit from the high read speeds
available from adding a couple of SSDs to form my ZFS root/boot pool?
 (Each SSD is capable of reading at around 150-200 MBytes/sec)

After initially thinking I would move my existing 6-drive RAID-Z2 array to a
new 8-port SATA controller, I finally decided to leave the drives connected to
the motherboard SATA ports, and instead to get an additional smaller SATA card
to allow me to connect 2 boot drives to form a mirror.

For anyone considering a controller card to support 8 SATA drives, see this
thread which has got some great comments from people experienced with using
these larger cards. No doubt I will refer to it again when I build another
storage system one day :)
See: http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=106210

Thanks,
Simon