On Jul 4, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

This brings me to the absurd conclusion that the system must be rebooted immediately prior to each use.

see Phil's later email .. an export/import of the pool or a remount of the filesystem should clear the page cache - with mmap'd files you're essentially both them both in the page cache and also in the ARC .. then invalidations in the page cache are going to have effects on dirty data in the cache

/etc/system tunables are currently:

set zfs:zfs_arc_max = 0x280000000
set zfs:zfs_write_limit_override = 0xea600000
set zfs:zfs_vdev_max_pending = 5

if you're on x86 - i'd also increase maxphys to 128K .. we still have a 56KB default value in there which is still a bad thing (IMO)

---
.je