On Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 11:09:32AM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Jorgen Lundman wrote:
>
>> I have no idea. I downloaded the script from Bob without modifications and
>> ran it specifying only the name of our pool. Should I have changed
>> something to run the test?
>
> If your system has quite a lot of memory, the number of files should be
> increased to at least match the amount of memory.
>
>> We have two kinds of x4500/x4540, those with Sol 10 10/08, and 2 running
>> svn117 for ZFS quotas. Worth trying on both?
>
> It is useful to test as much as possible in order to fully understand the
> situation.
>
> Since results often get posted without system details, the script is
> updated to dump some system info and the pool configuration.  Refresh from
>
> http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/zfs-discuss/zfs-cache-test.ksh
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/

And mine:

d...@pax:1512 $ pfexec ./zfs-cache-test.ksh tank
System Configuration: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7365
System architecture: i386
System release level: 5.11 snv_101b
CPU ISA list: amd64 pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium
i486 i386 i86

Pool configuration:
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: scrub completed after 3h30m with 0 errors on Tue Jul  7
19:38:45 2009
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c5d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7d0    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

zfs create tank/zfscachetest
Creating data file set (3000 files of 8192000 bytes) under
/tank/zfscachetest ...
Done!
zfs unmount tank/zfscachetest
zfs mount tank/zfscachetest

Doing initial (unmount/mount) 'cpio -C 131072 -o > /dev/null'
48000256 blocks

real    8m19.62s
user    0m2.07s
sys     0m30.18s

Doing second 'cpio -C 131072 -o > /dev/null'
48000256 blocks

real    5m4.59s
user    0m1.86s
sys     0m34.06s

Feel free to clean up with 'zfs destroy tank/zfscachetest'.

--
Regards,
Dóri