This may not be the only way but I have used.

# zpool  <pool | id>  newpool
# zpool destroy newpool

Regards
Rodney

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I grabbed a spare disc to make a root mirror with and it happened
to have an old rpool from another installation on it. Anyway, it
also seemed to have an EFI label, so I removed the partition, re-labeled
it to SMI and created a Solaris II partition etc and made my mirror.

While importing a pool from another controller's set of discs, I noticed
an `rpool import` enumerated the old rpool as well? Which begs the question,
how do I purge this old data so I can stop seeing this? Is there a way to
destroy by id#, or is there a known area of the disc I can overwrite with dd
before I do this again?

Thanks!
jlc

Rodney Lindner