I don't mean to be offensive Russel, but if you do ever return to ZFS, please
promise me that you will never, ever, EVER run it virtualized on top of NTFS
(a.k.a. worst file system ever) in a production environment. Microsoft Windows
is a horribly unreliable operating system in situations where things like
protecting against data corruption are important. Microsoft knows this, which
is why they secretly run much of Microsoft.com, their www advertisement
campaigns, and the Microsoft Updates web sites on Akamai Linux in the data
center across the hall from the data center where I work.... and the
invulnerable file system behind Microsoft's "cloud" that  secretly runs on
Akamai's content delivery system is none other than ZFS's long lost brother...
Netapp WAFL!  The first time I started to catch on to this was when the Project
Mojave advertisement campaign started and lots of people were nmap scanning the
site and noticing that it was running Apache on Linux:

http://openmanifesto.blogspot.com/2008/07/mss-blunder-with-mojave-experiment-uses.html

Eventually Microsoft realized they messed up and started to edit the header
strings like they usually do to make it look like IIS:

https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/nosi-discussion/2008-August/000417.html

although you could still figure it out if you were smart enough by using telnet
like this:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2003/08/17/wwwmicrosoftcom_runs_linux_up_to_a_point_.html

but the cat was already out of the bag. I did some investigating over a year
ago and talked to some of my long time friends who were senior Akamai techs,
and one of them eventually gave me a guided tour after hours and gave me a
quick look at the Netapp WAFL setup and explained how Microsoft Windows updates
actually work. Very cool! These Akamai guys are like the "Wizard of Oz" for the
Internet running everything behind the curtains there. Whenever Microsoft
Updates are down- Tell an Akamai tech! Everything's will start working fine
within 5 minutes of you telling them (sure beats calling in to Microsoft Tech
Support in Mumbai India). Is apple.com or itunes running slow? Tell an Akamai
tech and it'll be fixed immediately. Cnn.com down? Jcpenny.com down? Yup. Tell
an Akamai tech and it comes right back up. It's very rare that they have a
serious problem like this one:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/15/akamai_goes_postal/

in which case 25% of the internet (including google, yahoo, and lycos) usually
goes down with them. So my question to you Russel is- if Microsoft can't even
rely on NTFS to run their own important infrastructure (they obviously have a
Netapp WAFL dependancy), what hope can your 10TB pool possibly have? What
you're doing is the equivalent of building a 100 story tall skyscraper out of
titanium and then making the bottom-most ground floor and basement foundation
out of glue and pop sickle sticks, and then when the entire building starts to
collapse, you call in to the Titanium metal fabrication corporation, blame them
for the problem, and then tell them that they are obligated to help you glue
your pop sickle sticks back together because it's all their fault that the
building collapsed! Not very fair IMHO.

In the future, keep in mind that (as far as I understand it) the only way to
get the 100% full benefits of ZFS checksum protection is to run it in on bare
metal with no virtualization. If you're going to virtualize something,
virtualize Microsoft Windows and Linux inside of OpenSolaris. I'm running ZFS
in production with my OpenSolaris operating system zpool mirrored three times
over on 3 different drives, and I've never had a problem with it. I even
created a few simulated power outages to test my setup and pulling the plug
while twelve different users were uploading multiple files into 12 different
Solaris zones definitely didn't phase the zpool at all. Just boots right back
up and everything works. The thing is though, it only seems to work when you're
not running it virtualized on top of a closed-source proprietary file system
that's made out of glue and pop sickle sticks.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong though.