I don't have an answer to your question exactly because i'm a noob and i'm
not using mac but i can say that on FreeBSD which i'm using atm there is a
method to name devices ahead of time so if the drive letters change you
avoid this exact problem.  I'm sure opensolaris and mac have something
similar.

As far as your issue goes i THINK you can just export/import the
pool.....i'm sure someone in this list who knows more than me will speak up
on offical stuff =)