On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, dick hoogendijk wrote:

I don't want the automounting to occur, so I diabled volfs.
I then did a "rmformat" to learn the device name, followed by a "zpool
create archive /dev/rdsk/devicename

It is better to edit /etc/vold.conf since vold is used for other purposes as well such as auto-mounting CDs, DVDs, and floppies. I commented out this line:

#use rmdisk drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_rmdisk.so rmdisk%d

and then all was good.

With a bit more care, some removable devices could be handled differently than others so you could just exclude the ones used for zfs.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn