On 28.07.09 20:31, Graeme Clark wrote:
Hi Again,

A bit more futzing around and I notice that output from a plain 'zdb' returns
this:

store
    version=14
    name='store'
    state=0
    txg=0
    pool_guid=13934602390719084200
    hostid=8462299
    hostname='store'
    vdev_tree
        type='root'
        id=0
        guid=13934602390719084200
bad config type 16 for stats
        children[0]
                type='disk'
                id=0
                guid=14931103169794670927
                path='/dev/dsk/c0t22310001557D05D5d0s0'
                devid='id1,s...@x22310001557d05d5/a'
                phys_path='/scsi_vhci/d...@g22310001557d05d5:a'
                whole_disk=1
                metaslab_array=23
                metaslab_shift=35
                ashift=9
                asize=6486985015296
                is_log=0
                DTL=44
bad config type 16 for stats

This is a dump of /etc/zfs/zpool.cache. While 'stats' should not be there, it does not matter much.

So the last line there - 'bad config type 16 for stats' is interesting. The
only reference I can find to this error is on and IRC log for some Nexenta
folks. Doesn't look like there's much help there.

So, uh. Blow away and try again? It seems like that's the way to go here. If
anyone has any suggestions let me know! I think I'll start over at 3 PM EST on
July 28th. Yes - I did just give you a deadline to recover my data help forum,
or I'm blowing it away!

It would be helpful if you provide a little bit more information here:

what OpenSolaris release/build are you running (i suspect something like build 114-118, though I may be wrong),

what other commands you tried (zpool impor/export etc) and what was a result.

You can also explain what do you mean here:

I can force export and import the pool, but I can't seem to get it active again.

as pool status provided before suggests that pool cannot be imported.

I can do a zdb to the device and I get some info (well, actually to s0 on the
disk, which is weird because I think I built the array without specifying a
slice. Maybe relevant - don't know...)

When you specify disk without s0 in the end during pool creation you tell ZFS to use the whole disk, so it labels it with EFI label, creates single slice 0 all over the disk and uses that slice for pool as recorded in the configuration (see 'path' and 'whole_disk' name-value pairs).

victor