Yes, please write more about this. The photos are terrific and I
appreciate the many useful observations you've made. For my home NAS I
chose the Chenbro ES34069 and the biggest problem was finding a
SATA/PCI card that would work with OpenSolaris and fit in the case
(technically impossible without a ribbon cable PCI adapter). After
seeing this, I may reconsider my choice.

For the SATA card, you mentioned that it was a close fit with the case
power switch. Would removing the backplane on the card have helped?

Thanks