Same here, I've got a test server at work running 15x 500GB SATA disks on a
pair of AOC-SAT2-MV8 cards, it suffered some 20 minutes of slow response when a
disk started to fail, but although that caused a few problems with the clients,
the data is still there.

However, my home system has been superb.  That's 6x 1TB SATA disks on an
AOC-SAT2-MV8, it's suffered multiple power cuts (8 or more), a dead disk, and
has been upgraded to many of the bi-weekly OpenSolaris builds.  It's never gone
down, and has been serving data to a mix of Linux, Windows and Xbox clients
without a single hiccup.