Hi Matt
Thanks for this update, and the confirmation
to the outside world that this problem is being actively
worked on with significant resources.

But I would like to support Cyril's comment.

AFAIK, any updates you are making to bug 4852783 are not
available to the outside world via the normal bug URL.
It would be useful if we were able to see them.

I think it is frustrating for the outside world that
it cannot see Sun's internal source code repositories
for work in progress, and only see the code when it is
complete and pushed out.

And so there is no way to judge what progress is being made,
or to actively help with code reviews or testing.

Best Regards
Nigel Smith