Hi Kris,

The /tmp issue described below looks like a bug to me.

I will try to reproduce this and get back to you with either
a bug ID or a request for more info.

Thanks,

Cindy

On 08/20/09 12:00, Kris Kasner wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

My /var issue was a problem with my process.. I did:
install UFS root, install extra stuff, create UFS flar.
lucreate ZFS root <- this is where my /var dissappeared
flar create zfs flar

In my straight zfsroot install profiles I have a seperate /var - I didn't even think to check post lucreate. Easy enough to split /var back out into a dataset before I do the flar create. I'm trying to get my zfsroot flar and my ufs flar to be as similar as possible for the enterprise environment.

/tmp is still a mystery.. it's tmpfs on the source system and the vfstab entry didn't survive the zfsroot flash install. That's super simple to fix in a finish script

Source system:
10:57:53 uigvbp234(5)> df -lk /tmp /
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
swap                 6066328    2248 6064080     1%    /tmp
rpool/ROOT/s10-zfs   34836480 5905781 19547778    24%    /

zfsroot flash installed system:
10:57:39 uigvbp234v(8)> df -lk /tmp /
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
rpool/ROOT/s10-zfs   70189056 6153504 49241246    12%    /
rpool/ROOT/s10-zfs   70189056 6153504 49241246    12%    /

Thanks again for all of the information, and for helping make zfs flash installs a reality!

--Kris