Your issue may be due to a problem I ran into with 'cw' not generating
the proper arguments for the C compiler.  I've only used the Sun
Studio C compiler to build the kernel.

My notes on how I build the kernel are on my blog, in two parts:
https://blogs.cs.umbc.edu/willm1/2009/01/23/building-the-opensolaris-kernel/
https://blogs.cs.umbc.edu/willm1/2009/03/02/hooray-built-the-opensolaris-kernel/

The first page says at the end that those instructions result in
failure, but the second page mentions that building in an SXCE VM
instead of an OpenSolaris real box made things happy.  I don't know if
that's still necessary.

Will