Hi zfs congnoscenti,

a few quick question about my hardware choice (a bit late, since the
box is up already):

A 3U supermicro chassis with 16x SATA/SAS hotplug
Supermicro X8DDAi (2x Xeon QC 1.26 GHz S1366, 24 GByte RAM, IPMI)
2x LSI SAS3081E-R
16x WD2002FYPS

Right now I'm running Solaris 10 5/9 (Oracle doesn't support
OpenSolaris, unfortunately).

I would like to run Oracle in a zone/container, and use the rest for
random storage and network servage.

My questions:

* does the hardware choice make sense? Particularly, the LSI host adapters.
  should I change anything hardware-side?

* what kind of zfs layout would you recommend if I want to run Oracle in a
container?

* should I put some SSD (e.g. Intel 80 GByte 2nd gen) into the system if I can,
  or doesn't Solaris 10 5/9 zfs support it?

* is there a reason speaking against containers and Oracle?

* how many hot spares would you suggest?

Thanks.