On 09/04/09 10:17, dick hoogendijk wrote:
Lori Alt wrote:
The -u option to zfs recv (which was just added to support flash archive installs, but it's useful for other reasons too) suppresses all mounts of the received file systems. So you can mount them yourself afterward in whatever order is appropriate, or do a 'zfs mount -a'.
You misunderstood my problem. It is very convenient that the filesystems are not mounted. I only wish they could stay that way!. Alas, they ARE mounted (even if I don't want them to) when I *reboot* the system. And THAT's when thing get ugly. I then have different zfs filesystems using the same mountpoints! The backed up ones have the same mountpoints as their origin :-/ -> The only way to stop it is to *export* the "backup" zpool OR to change *manualy* the zfs prop "canmount=noauto" in all backed up snapshots/filesystems.

As I understand I cannot give this "canmount=noauto" to the zfs receive command.
# zfs send -Rv rp...@0909 | zfs receive -Fdu backup/snaps
There is a RFE to allow zfs recv to assign properties, but I'm not sure whether it would help in your case. I would have thought that "canmount=noauto" would have already been set on the sending side, however. In that case, the property should be preserved when the stream is preserved. But if for some reason, you're not setting that property on the sending side, but want it set on the receiving side, you might have to write a script to set the properties for all those datasets after they are received.

lori