On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Nigel
Smith<nwsm...@wilusa.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Let us know if you can get the port multipliers working..
>
> But remember, there is a problem with ZFS raidz in that release, so be
> careful:

I saw that, so I think I'll be waiting until snv_124 to update. The
system that I'm thinking of using currently only has mirrored vdevs
however, so it shouldn't be any risk.

Something like one of the following seems reasonable to add a few
drives to an existing system, although eSATA just seems like a bad
idea for a number of reasons:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132016
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816111057

A good use that I can see is combining a Intel D945GCLF2 board with a
case that has more that 2 drive bays, using an internal PMP. One of
the systems I have is an Atom board in a small Chenbro 2-bay case,
which gives surprisingly good performance and is . There is a 4-bay
version available but lack of SATA ports on the motherboard kept me
from using it.

http://www.cooldrives.com/siseata5pomu.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811123122

-B