On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Dale Ghent wrote:

As someone who currently faces kernel panics with recent U7+ kernel patches (on AMD64 and SPARC) related to PCI bus upset, I expect that Sun will take the time to make sure that the implementation is as good as it can be and is thoroughly tested before release.

Are you referring the the same testing that gained you this PCI panic feature in s10u7?

No. The system worked with the kernel patch corresponding to baseline S10U7. Problems started with later kernel patches (which seem to be much less tested). Of course there could actually be a real hardware problem.

Regardless, when the integrity of our data is involved, I prefer to wait for more testing rather than to potentially have to recover the pool from backup.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn