On Sep 21, 2009, at 4:34 AM, David Magda wrote:

On Sep 21, 2009, at 06:52, Chris Ridd wrote:

Does zpool destroy prompt "are you sure" in any way? Some admin tools do (beadm destroy for example) but there's not a lot of consistency.

No it doesn't, which I always found strange.

Personally I always thought you should be queried for a "zfs destroy", but add a "-f" option for things like scripts. Not sure if things can be changed now.

This was one of the first, great debates on ZFS-discuss
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=15363&#15363
I believe all possible observations are made in that thread.
 -- richard