Tristan Ball wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of systems running opensolaris b118, one of which sends hourly snapshots to the other. This has been working well, however as of today, the receiving zfs process has started running extremely slowly, and is running at 100% CPU on one core, completely in kernel mode. A little bit of exploration with lockstat and dtrace seems to imply that the issue is around the "dbuf_free_range" function - or at least, that's what it looks like to my inexperienced eye!

This is probably RFE 6812603 "zfs send can aggregate free records", which is currently being worked on.

--matt