Roland Rambau wrote:
Richard, Tim,

yes, one might envision the X4275 as OpenStorage appliances, but
they are not. Exadata 2 is
 - *all* Sun hardware
 - *all* Oracle software (*)
and that combination is now an Oracle product: a database appliance.

Is there any reason the X4275 couldn't be an OpenStorage appliance? It seems like it would be a good fit. It doesn't seem specific to Exadata2.

The F20 accelerator card isn't something specific to Exadata2 either is it? It looks like something that would benefit any kind of storage server. When I saw the F20 on the Sun site the other day, my first thought was "Oh cool, they reinvented Prestoserve!"

-Brian