Chris Kirby wrote:
On Sep 25, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Robert Milkowski wrote:

Chris Kirby wrote:
On Sep 25, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Robert Milkowski wrote:

 That's useful information indeed.  I've filed this CR:

6885860 zfs send shouldn't require support for snapshot holds

Sorry for the trouble, please look for this to be fixed soon.
Thank you.
btw: how do you want to fix it? Do you want to acquire a snapshot hold but continue anyway if it is not possible (only in case whene error is ENOTSUP I think)? Or do you want to get rid of it entirely?

In this particular case, we should make sure the pool version supports snapshot
holds before trying to request (or release) any.

We still want to acquire the temporary holds if we can, since that
prevents a race with zfs destroy.  That case is becoming more common
with automated snapshots and their associated retention policies.

Yeah, this makes sense.