Hello list,

We are unfortunately still experiencing some issues regarding our support license with Sun, or rather our Sun Vendor.

We need ZFS User quotas. (That's not the zfs file-system quota) which first appeared in svn_114.

We would like to run something like svn_117 (don't really care which version per-se, that is just the one version we have done the most testing with).

But our Vendor will only support Solaris 10. After weeks of wrangling, they have reluctantly agreed to let us run OpenSolaris 2009.06. (Which does not have ZFS User quotas).

When I approach Sun-Japan directly I just get told that they don't speak English. When my Japanese colleagues approach Sun-Japan directly, it is suggested to us that we stay with our current Vendor.

* Will there be official Solaris 10, or OpenSolaris releases with ZFS User quotas? (Will 2010.02 contain ZFS User quotas?)

* Can we get support overseas perhaps, that will let us run a version of Solaris with ZFS User quotas? Support generally includes having the ability to replace hardware when it dies, and/or, send panic dumps if they happen for future patches.

Internally, we are now discussing returning our 12x x4540, and calling NetApp. I would rather not (more work for me).

I understand Sun is probably experiencing some internal turmoil at the moment, but it has been rather frustrating for us.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lund...@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)