Maurilio Longo wrote:
the strange thing is that this is happening on several disks (can it be that
are all failing?)

Possible, but less likely. I'd suggest running some disk I/O tests, looking at the drive error counters before/after.

What is the controller bug you're talking about? I'm running snv_114 on this
pc, so it is fairly recent.

There was a bug in the marvell driver for the controller used on the X4500 that caused bus hangs / resets. It was fixed around U6, so it should be long gone from OpenSolaris. But perhaps there's a different bug?

You could also have a firmware bug on your disks. You might try lowering the number of tagged commands per disk and see if that helps at all.

--
Carson