This is opensolaris on a Tecra M5 using an 128GB SSD as the boot device.  This
device is partitioned into two roughly 60GB partitions.

I installed opensolaris 2009.06 into the first partition then did an image
update to build 124 from the dev repository.  All went well so then I created a
zpool from the second partition , which created fine and I could add
filesystems to that pool.  however when I can to reboot the laptop there was a
message ( I think from bootadm ) about an unrecognised GRUB entry and the the
reboot stopped with the words GRUB appearing at the top left of the screen.  So
it appears that zfs has done something to the grub entry such that I can no
longer boot the laptop.  Anyone have any ideas how to either recover from this
and/or prevent this happening in the future.