Hua wrote:
I understand that usually zfs need to be created inside a zpool to store
files/data.

However, I quick test shows that I actually can put files directly inside a
mounted zpool without creating any zfs.

After
zpool create -f tank c0d1

I actually can copy/delete any files into /tank. I can also create dir inside
/tank.

I haven't seen any documentation talking about such an usage. Just wonder
whether it is allowed or is there any problem that I use zpool this way?

As you have seen, you get one zfs filesystem for free when the zpool is created. You can use it just like one you create explicitly, and it shows up in "zfs list".

--
Andrew