On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> wrote:
> Dale Ghent wrote:
>>
>> So looking at the README for patch 14144[45]-09, there are ton of ZFS
>> fixes and feature adds.
>>
>> The big features are already described in the update 8 release docs, but
>> would anyone in-the-know care to comment or point out any interesting CR
>> fixes that might be substantial in the areas of stability or performance?
>
> A couple of my CRs (a panic and a hang) are fixed in there, but LU appears
> to be FUBAR for systems with ZFS root and zones, so I can't run any
> tests....

Having tried to install about 5 patches on a system with ZFS root +
sparse zones (plus a delegated dataset), FUBAR is putting it mildly..
:)

I found upgrade on attach worked much better in that instance (just
meant I could only snapshot, not create a new BE).  But hopefully I
can get ahold of a box for more testing to get it to actually work.