Sorry: Pointless and a waste of time until we get some detail!

http://fsbench.filesystems.org/papers/cheating.pdf

Cyril Plisko wrote:
Hello !

There is an interesting performance comparison of three popular
operating systems [1], I thought it could be of interest for people
hanging on this list.

These guys used their tool FlexTk as a benchmark engine, which is not
a benchmark tool per se, but still provides an interesting data.

The paper doesn't mention it, but AFAIU, OpenSolaris was configured
with Samba, rather than with native CIFS server.

I find their approach of avoiding any performance tweaks quite
interesting, as it gives a fair estimation of what average user can
expect out of the box.

Anyway, would be interesting to know what people think about it.

P.S. For the sake of full disclosure I must say that I know personally
Flexense people.

[1] http://www.flexense.com/documents/nas_performance_comparison.pdf

www.eagle.co.nz

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.