Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but i can't seem to find an anwser anything
close to what i am trying to figure out...

I have a dual boot machine with 3 disks -

2 x 1TB mirror OpenSolaris with ZFS root pool
1x 250GB Solaris 10 with ZFS root pool

This is a development\testing\home file server machine only.

My question is tho, since I can boot into either OpenSolaris or Solaris (but
not both at the same time obviousvly :) i'd like to be able to mount the other
disks into whatever host OS i boot into.

Is this possible & recommended?

Is there any scope for inconsistency if say i upgrade OpenSolaris with new ZFS
versions but continue mounting a mirror in Solaris with old versions?

I guess i'm wondering if it's possible if doing this could corrupt one or the
other?

Many thanks,
cam