Hi,
  This might be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out.

  Let's say I've chosen to live with a zpool without redundancy,
  (SAN disks, has actually raid5 in disk-cabinet)

m...@mybox:~# zpool status  BACKUP
  pool: BACKUP
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        BACKUP                   ONLINE       0     0     0
          c0t200400A0B829BC13d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c0t200400A0B829BC13d1  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c0t200400A0B829BC13d2  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

The question:
Would it be a good idea to torn OFF the 'checksum' property of the ZFS
  filesystems?

I know the manual says it is not recommended to turn off integrity of
user-data, but what
will happen if the algorithm actually finds one?  I would not have any way to
fix that, except
delete/overrite the data. (will I be able to point out what files are involved)

Yours

Espen Martinsen