I have an Intel X25-E 32G in the mail (actually the kingston version), and
wanted to get a sanity check before I start.

System:
Dell 2950
16G RAM
16 1.5T SATA disks in a SAS chassis hanging off of an LSI 3801e, no extra drive
slots, a single zpool.
svn_124, but with my zpool still running at the 2009.06 version (14).

I will likely get another chassis and 16 disks for another pool in the 3-18
month time frame.

My plan is to put the SSD into an open disk slot on the 2950, but will have to
configure it as a RAID 0, since the onboard PERC5 controller does not have a
JBOD mode.

Options I am considering:

A. Use all 32G for the ZIL
B. Use 8G for the ZIL, 24G for an L2ARC. Any issues with slicing up an SSD like
this?
C. Use 8G for the ZIL, 16G for an L2ARC, and reserve 8G to be used as a ZIL for
the future zpool.

Since my future zpool would just be used as a backup to disk target, I am
leaning towards option C. Any gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Scott