I have a new array of 4x1.5TB drives running fine. I also have the old array of
4x400GB drives in the box on a separate pool for testing. I was planning to
have the old drives just be a backup file store, so I could keep snapshots and
such over there for important files.

I was wondering if it makes any sense to add the older drives to the new pool.
Reliability might be lower as they are older drives, so if I were to loose 2 of
them, things could get ugly. I'm just curious if it would make any sense to do
something like this.