Hi,

I have a functional OpenSolaris x64 system on which I need to physically
move the boot disk, meaning its physical device path will change and
probably its cXdX name.

When I do this the system fails to boot. The error messages indicate
that it's still trying to read from the original path.

I know the system can boot from the disk in its new location, because
it's Solaris complaining -- long after the boot loader is done.

How do I inform ZFS of the new path?

If this disk were simply a data pool, I could just import it and be
done, but this is the boot disk. The system never comes far enough up to
run zpool...

Do I need to boot from the LiveCD and then import the pool from its new
path?

Please reply directly to me. I'm not on this alias yet.

--
Cheers,