knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com said:
> Is rsync faster? As I have understood it, "zfs send.." gives me an exact
> replica, whereas rsync doesnt necessary do that, maybe the ACL are not
> replicated, etc. Is this correct about rsync vs "zfs send"?

It is true that rsync (as of 3.0.5, anyway) does not preserve NFSv4/ZFS
ACL's.  It also cannot handle ZFS snapshots.

On the other hand, you can run multiple rsync's in parallel;  You can
only do that with zfs send/recv if you have multiple, independent ZFS
datasets that can be done in parallel.  So which one goes faster will
depend on your situation.

Regards,

Marion