I have used fdisk to partition the harddisk:

             Total disk size is 60800 cylinders
             Cylinder size is 16065 (512 byte) blocks

                                               Cylinders
      Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
      =========   ======    ============  =====   ===   ======   ===
          1       Active    Solaris2          1  2623    2623      4
          2                 Solaris2       2624  9623    7000     12

and the zpool status:

/root>zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    rpool       ONLINE       0     0     0
      c7d0s0    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

question is:

a.   how to use "zpool add" to add the 2nd partition to rpool - which should
be c7d0p2, right?

when I did this:

zpool add rpool c7d0p2
cannot add to 'rpool': root pool can not have multiple vdevs or separate
logs

what do u mean by "separate logs"?

b.   assuming that it is NOT possible to add the 2nd partition to the zpool
rpool, then how do I used fdisk (or whatever) to modify the partition table,
so that the entire disk belong to the zpool rpool - instead of just c7d0p1
now allocated to zpool rpool?

Thanks for the help :).

--
Regards,