On 11/25/09 22:19, Mike Gerdts wrote:
Is there still any interest in this?  I've done a bit of hacking (then
searched for this thread - I picked -P instead of -c)...

$ zfs get -P compression,dedup /var
NAME                PROPERTY     VALUE          SOURCE
rpool/ROOT/zfstest  compression  on             inherited from rpool/ROOT
rpool/ROOT/zfstest  dedup        off            default

$ pfexec zfs snapshot -P ....@now
Creating snapshot <rpool/export/h...@now>

Of course create/mkdir would make it into the eventual implementation
as well.  For those missing this thread in their mailboxes, the
conversation is archived at
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2008-July/019762.html.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2008-July/019762.html

Mike

Yes, I am also interested in this[1], but I won't have time to work on this in the foreseeable future, so please have at it.

Menno

[1] http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2009-August/030720.html
--
Menno Lageman - Sun Microsystems - http://blogs.sun.com/menno