On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

after the disk was exchanged, I ran 'zpool clear' and another zpoo scrub
afterwards...

and guess what, now another vdev shows similar problems:

Ugh!

Now, the big question is, what could be faulty. fmadm only shows vdev checksum
problems, right now I don't have a spare system available, but I try to set
one up.

So far on my list: Faulty CPU, SSD, RAM, motherboard, controller,...

If this is a different vdev than before then it seems like there is either a software (driver/kernel) bug or the midplane/motherboard is faulty. Most of the problems are reported as CKSUM, which implies that after (successfully) reading data from the disks in the vdev and concatenating them to form a zfs block the resulting zfs block had a checksum error.

Any suggestions?

Make sure that there are not fixes available for the kernel you are using. You could be encountering a bug which has already been fixed.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn