Hi Kjetil,

Unfortunately, dedup will only apply to data written after the setting is
enabled. That also means that new blocks cannot dedup against old block
regardless of how they were written. There is therefore no way to "prepare"
your pool for dedup -- you just have to enable it when you have the new bits.

Adam

Adam Leventhal, Fishworks                        http://blogs.sun.com/ahl