This is
CR 6907830 rquotad(1M) doesn't return quotas for ZFS if NFS client mountpoint differs from entry in /etc/mnttab

Fix is in progress.
Thanks,
Lin

On 11/26/09 04:59, Willi Burmeister wrote:
Hi,

we have a new fileserver running on X4275 hardware with Solaris 10U8.

On this fileserver we created one test dir with quota and mounted these
on another Solaris 10 system. Here the quota command didnot show the used quota. Does this feature only work with OpenSolaris or is it intended to work on Solaris 10?

Here what we did on the server:

# zfs create -o mountpoint=/export/home2 zpool1/home
# zfs set sharenfs=rw=sparcs zpool1/home
# zfs set userqu...@wib=1m zpool1/home

# mkdir /export/home2/wib
# cp <some stuff> /export/home2/wib
# chown -Rh wib:sysadmin /export/home2/wib

# zfs userspace zpool1/home
TYPE NAME USED QUOTA POSIX User root 3K none POSIX User wib 154K 1M
# quota -v wib
Disk quotas for wib (uid 90):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit    timeleft
/export/home2
                 154   1024   1024           -      -      -      -           -

and the client:

# mount <server>:/export/home2/wib /mnt

% cd /mnt
% du -sk .
154     .

% quota -v wib
Disk quotas for wib (uid 90):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit    timeleft

A simple snoop on the network shows us:

  client -> server   PORTMAP C GETPORT prog=100011 (RQUOTA) vers=1 proto=UDP
  server -> client   PORTMAP R GETPORT port=32865
  client -> server   RQUOTA C GETQUOTA Uid=90 Path=/export/home2/wib
  server -> client   RQUOTA R GETQUOTA No quota

Why 'no quota'?

Both systems are nearly fully patched.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Willi