We are also running into this bug.

Our system is a Solaris 10u4
SunOS sunsystem9 5.10 Generic_127112-10 i86pc i386 i86pc
ZFS version 4

We opened a Support Case (Case ID 71912304) which after some discussion came to
the "conclusion" that we should not use /etc/reboot for rebooting.

This leads me to the conclusion that  /etc/reboot is not supported on ZFS? I
cannot believe that
Is there better solution to this problem, what if the machine crashes?

Unfortunately, since the pool contains so many datasets (around 5000) that
correcting the mount order by hand would incur serious downtime. (importing and
therefore also sharing this pool takes around 45min. - which is also why we are
using /etc/reboot to avoid additional downtime for unsharing, umounting,
exporting)

Is there a backport of this fix for S10 in progress.

Why does ZFS confuse the mount order? After all, the datasets are ordered
hierarchically.