None of these look like the issue either.  With 128, I did have to edit the
code to avoid the month rollover error, and add the missing dependency
dbus-python26.

I think I have a new install that went to 129 without having auto snapshots
enabled yet.  When I can get to that machine later, I will enable them there
and see whether the same fault is apparent, in case it's some kind of
compatibility problem with older state.  Also not much help, sorry..  I don't
have an opportunity to spend time digging into it much further just now.