Hi All,
        We are looking at introducing EMC Clarion into our environment here. We
were discussing the following scenario and wonder if someone has an opinion.

Our product spans a number of servers with some of the data held within Veritas
and some held within ZFS. We have a requirement to snapshot all the data
simultaneously. We can snapshot or clone all the luns simultaneously within the
clariion but here comes the problem.

In the server using ZFS, we wish to use the snapshot/cloned disk to perform a
backup. So we essentially will do the following

[1] Create snapsot on Clarion
[2] Present Snapped Lun to the same server.

How will ZFS react to this. In my mind it will see two copies of the same disk.
I wish to import this snapped disk into a new pool, mount it and back the data
up. But am not sure how ZFS will react.

Veritas seems to handle this with "useclonedev" option.

We will be using at least Solaris 10 U8 if/when we roll this out.

Thanking you in advance

OAB