The question: is there an issue running: ZFS and QFS on the same file server?

The details:

We have a 2540 raid controller with 4 raidsets. Each raidset presents 2 slices
to the OS. one slice (slice 0) from each raidset is a separate qfs filesystems
shared among 7 servers running qfs 4.6patch6.
One of the above  servers has created on zfs pool using the other 4 slices
(slice 1 from each of the 4 raidsets)
pool: zfs_hpf
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zfs_hpf                                  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c6t600A0B8000495A510000081F492C644Dd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c6t600A0B8000495B1C0000053148B41F54d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c6t600A0B8000495B1C0000053248B42036d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c6t600A0B8000495B1C000005B948CA87A2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
zpool upgrade
This system is currently running ZFS pool version 15.
zfs upgrade
This system is currently running ZFS filesystem version 4.

What we have been seeing is that the emulex HBAs attaching to the 2540 through
a sanswitch have been dying periodically, particularly under load.

luxadm -e port
/devices/p...@1,0/pci1022,7...@2/pci10df,f...@1/f...@0,0:devctl       NOT
CONNECTED
/devices/p...@1,0/pci1022,7...@2/pci10df,f...@1,1/f...@0,0:devctl     NOT
CONNECTED

We need to reboot to get the hba to reconnect.

we have never seen this on the other fileservers and are wondering if the HBA
is faulty or is there an issue running:
ZFS and QFS on the same file server?

Has anyone seen this?

As an FYI we are running

cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86

Len Zaifman
Systems Manager, High Performance Systems
The Centre for Computational Biology
The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Ave.
Toronto, Ont M5G 1X8

tel: 416-813-5513
email: leona...@sickkids.ca

This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health
information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use,
retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was
originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.