JD Trout wrote:
Hello,
I am running OpenSol 2009.06 and after a power outage opsensol will no longer
boot past GRUB.  Booting from the liveCD shows me the following:

r...@opensolaris:~# zpool import -f rpool cannot import 'rpool': I/O error

r...@opensolaris:~# zpool import -f
  pool: rpool
    id: 15378657248391821369
 state: FAULTED
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
        The pool may be active on another system, but can be imported using
        the '-f' flag.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
config:

        rpool       FAULTED  corrupted data
          c7d0s0    ONLINE

Is all hope lost?

No. Try to get LiveCD based on build 128 or later at e.g. www.genunix.org, boot off it and try to import your rpool this way:

zpool import -nfF -R /mnt rpool

If it reports that it can get back to good pool state, then do actual import with

zpool import -fF -R /mnt rpool

In case first command cannot rewind to older state, try to add -X option:

zpool import -nfFX -R /mnt rpool

and if it says that it can recover your pool with some data loss and you are ok with it, then do actual import

zpool import -fFX -R /mnt rpool

regards,
victor