Ragnar Sundblad <ra...@csc.kth.se> wrote:

> I certainly agree, but there still isn't much they can do about
> the WORM-like properties of flash chips, were reading is pretty
> fast, writing is not to bad, but erasing is very slow and must be
> done in pretty large pages which also means that active data
> probably have to be copied around before an erase.

WORM devices do not allow to write a block a secdond time. There is
a typical 5% reserve that would allow to reassign some blocks and to make it
appear they have been rewritten, but this is not what ZFS does. Well, you are
hoewever true that there is a slight relation as I did invent COW for a WORM
filesystem in 1989 ;-)

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin