> Just l2arc. Guess I can always repartition later.
>
> mike
>

> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Jack Kielsmeier
> <jac...@netins.net> wrote:
> > Are you using the SSD for l2arc or zil or both?
> > --
> > This message posted from opensolaris.org
> ss

This is good to know. I have considered purchasing a SSD, but have not wanted
to make the investment not knowing how much it would help. It is suggested not
to put zil on a device external to the disks in the pool unless you mirror the
zil device. This is suggested to prevent data loss if the zil device dies.

With L2arc, no such redundancy is needed. So, with a $100 SSD, if you can get
8x the performance out of your dedup'd dataset, and you don't have to worry
about "what if the device fails", I'd call that an awesome investment.