Hi Mike,

It is difficult to comment on the root cause of this failure since
the several interactions of these features are unknown. You might
consider seeing how Ed's proposal plays out and let him do some more
testing...

If you are interested in testing this with NFSv4 and it still fails
the same way, then also consider testing this with a local file
instead of a NFS-mounted file and let us know the results. I'm also
unsure of using the same path for the pool and the zone root path,
rather than one path for pool and a pool/dataset path for zone
root path. I will test this myself if I get some time.

Thanks,

Cindy