Brad <bene...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Adam,

I'm not Adam, but I'll take a stab at it anyway.

BTW, your crossposting is a bit confusing to follow, at least when using
gmane.org.  I think it is better to stick to one mailing list anyway?

> From your the picture, it looks like the data is distributed evenly
> (with the exception of parity) across each spindle then wrapping
> around again (final 4K) - is this one single write operation or two?

it is a single write operation per device.  actually, it may be "less
than" one write operation since the transaction group, which probably
contains many more updates, is written as a whole.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game