On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 04:49:00PM +0000, Robert Milkowski wrote:
> A possible *workaround* is to use SVM to set-up RAID-5 and create a
> zfs pool on top of it.
> How does SVM handle R5 write hole? IIRC SVM doesn't offer RAID-6.

As far as I know, it does not address it.  It's possible that adding a
transaction volume would help by replaying anything that affected the
volume, but I don't know that sufficient information is present.

Symantec Volume Manager offers an explicit Raid5 log device.  There
doesn't appear to be any corresponding object in SVM.

--
Darren