I'm using snv_111 to host iSCSI for my backups. This went fine until I enabled
compression on the volume. About halfway through a backup (~250gb done),
Solaris loses its network connection with no errors logged (/var/adm/messages
and /var/log/* with no entries for an hour preceding). After reformatting the
iSCSI volume (from Windows) and starting from scratch to use compression, it
takes about 10gb to trigger this. I've tried several switches and routers, and
the same always happens - the Solaris system drops off the network for about 15
minutes.

I tried to do a 'zfs destroy' on the volume, and it hung, along with all other
zfs commands for about 3 hours. The volume only ever contained 550gb total of
data.

This is a 700gb volume on two mirrored 1tb drives.

Looking back through the OpenSolaris-help mailing list, I see the zfs destroy
hanging problem, but it looked like people believed that to be more related to
dedup.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing better to avoid these behaviors?